SYNOPSIS

When a street smart "goth girl" is forced to attend cheerleader camp as part of her  rehabilitation from a juvenile correction facility, she clashes with the "popular girls," and finds herself embroiled in a bitter rivalry with the bitchy ringleader. But when members of the Spirit Squad start turning up dead, the girls must put aside their differences as they struggle to survive the murderous rage of a crazed psycho-killer lurking among them! 

Sunday, March 22, 2009

THERE'S A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN


Ten years ago, I was at a very difficult point in my life... my dreams of becoming a professional musician were turning into nightmares. I needed surgery on my hand, and that was putting a damper on my attempts to be Jimi Hendrix or Stevie Ray Vaughan. Playing the guitar was the only thing I knew... and that was gone. I was devastated! I didn’t know what I was going to do... I needed a creative outlet. I turned to acting...

I went to a little studio, because I heard it was the best place to learn... Chris Wilson’s Studio for Actors. I immersed myself in classes... I went everyday for months. I studied with Chris, and with her son Brandon Smith. It was tough love... they didn’t pull any punches. They prepared you for the real world of acting. Sometimes it was enough to make you cry. But it gave me hope.

Hope, that if I continued to work on my craft... if I handled myself professionally... if I never gave up... that I could be a working actor. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

It is with that deep sense of history that I am happy to say that Brandon Smith will be playing Sheriff Todd. I am so moved by his willingness to be a part of this production. He brings an immeasurable amount of experience and talent to this role. I very much look forward to working with him. Thanks, Brando!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment