SYNOPSIS

When a street smart "goth girl" is forced to attend cheerleader camp as part of her  rehabilitation from a juvenile correction facility, she clashes with the "popular girls," and finds herself embroiled in a bitter rivalry with the bitchy ringleader. But when members of the Spirit Squad start turning up dead, the girls must put aside their differences as they struggle to survive the murderous rage of a crazed psycho-killer lurking among them! 

Sunday, March 22, 2009

CASTING HELL


“I’m very passionate about acting! I’m serious, dedicated, responsible... but I can’t make the audition because...”

--my car broke down.
--I have a fever
--I’m having family drama
--I have a luncheon
--I have a meeting
--it’s too far
--my dog ate the script
--the stars aren’t in alignment
--aliens abducted me

...and I could go on, and on, but you get the picture. I mean, seriously... I’m going to put up the money for the film, bust my ass for the next two years, cutting and marketing the film, and you can’t show up for an audition that YOU ASKED FOR? It’s good actually. Lets me know right up front who not to work with.

Don’t get me wrong.. this is just a small part of the casting process. We’re into the second week and we have seen some phenomenal actors... and I mean phenomenal! We are close to casting many of the roles. But It’s a process. A joyous one, when it all comes together. And we are starting to gain momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment