SYNOPSIS

When a street smart "goth girl" is forced to attend cheerleader camp as part of her  rehabilitation from a juvenile correction facility, she clashes with the "popular girls," and finds herself embroiled in a bitter rivalry with the bitchy ringleader. But when members of the Spirit Squad start turning up dead, the girls must put aside their differences as they struggle to survive the murderous rage of a crazed psycho-killer lurking among them! 

Sunday, March 22, 2009

MURDER, MAYHEM & MADNESS


It’s been a long time since my first acting class over at Chris Wilson Studio, but I’ll never forget my first “on camera” class with Brandon Smith. When I watched the tape after class, I never wanted to act again. I couldn’t believe how terrible my performance was, but Brandon got me on my feet quickly, and six weeks later I had booked my first regional commercial and became SAG eligible. So, it was a nice moment to have come full circle and direct Brandon in my first feature film all these years later.

The guy is a class act from start to finish. Always there for me, always asking if I want another take, or shot. Out in the cold and wind, taking falls like a stuntman, and willing to do whatever to get the shot that I want. He is a director’s dream.

We have just completed a major segment of the film on location. I’m bleary eyed and tired, but I am thrilled with the footage. We have some stand out performances, and this film is going to be out of this world! I have got to give major props to my cast and crew, and special thanks to John Lansch for busting his butt as my 1st A.D., UPM, and all purpose grip. I threw my back out a week before production and a pinched nerve makes it difficult for me to walk more than a few steps without getting stabbing pains in my leg - John was there to pick up the slack!

This has been an amazing experience, and I have learned some important lessons... like the fact that racoons will steal your fake blood if you leave it unattended... that death scenes are the longest, most complicated shots... and that it’s best to actually take your scheduled day off instead of shooting through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment